Sri Lanka Fall 2016

Image result for quotes about sri lanka
https://edu.glogster.com/glog/intercultural-communication-sri-lanka/1om9nd33ot3?=glogpedia-source

Sri Lanka was my first trip taken solely for health and well being. I researched Aryuvedic resorts and therapies and decided to stay here:
Barberyn Reef Resort

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g1189172-d1049374-r426605203-Barberyn_Reef_Ayurveda_Resort-Beruwala_Western_Province.html

What a lovely getaway-rest, relax, rejuvenate, and all the other similar R words. Be advised though, as this is a health resort, daily treatments are part of the routine and while this includes massages and scrubs, there are remedies prescribed and I don't mean a hot toddy at night! And NO COFFEEEEE...ARGGGG!!!! Fortunately, I found this out ahead of time and brought my instant and my little french press. BE FURTHER ADVISED: NO BOOZE! Yikes.

So I was put on the "you're too fat to live diet"  which meant my evening meal was not so much fun. However, I could cheat a little at the morning and lunch buffets. And twice, I snuck down the beach for some fries and a coffee.

I managed a few excursions provided by the hotel: a tour of a tea plantation, a visit to some temples and a visit to the village for a  little shopping. One thing I did NOT know about Sri Lanka...they have some amazing jewelry. So expect to drop a little cash on gems if you are so inclined.

Even with the above caveats, it was a lovely lovely stay. However, even with all the "healthy food and practices" I managed to lose NOTHING, NOT ONE SINGLE POUND.

Here are the snaps to enjoy.
SOME TRULY LOVELY SUNSETS


ONE OF THOSE HEALTHY MEALS

ANOTHER SUNSET


HOTEL LOBBY

Add caption


IN THE VILLAGE

SOME OF THAT LOVELY JEWELRY

VIEW FROM THE WATER

WHY IT'S A TURTLE!

SOME OF MY PRESCRIBED REMEDIES

ON THE WAY TO THE TEA PLANTATION


SISTERS IN TATTOOS! 

MY SNEAK AWAY FOR COFFEE AND FRIES

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Maldives

LISBOA JAN/FEB 2020

FLORENCE 2014