Madrid 2013



Spain was the the last trip of a very busy 4 months of traveling, at least for me: HK/Philippines, DC, Phoenix, Madrid. I know lots of travelers prefer the south of Spain, so I chose the opposite! I knew that Madrid had lots of museums and I really wanted to wander in and out museums for a week. I probably could have shortened the stay by a day or two and been just fine. 

I was pleased that cab driver from the airport could understand my long unused Spanish and was able to get me to the hotel quite easily. And a nice hotel it was! 
Here's my Trip Advisor Review:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187514-d289421-Reviews-Quatro_Puerta_del_Sol_Hotel-Madrid.html

As the review states, the hotel was well located. Madrid was great: great eats, especially tapas (nothing liking being typsy at lunchtime) and great museums. It was an easy city to walk around or find a nice cafe and sit with a book or people watch for a few hours. I meant to go to an evening Flamenco show, but they seemed way overpriced. Occasionally, I forego the touristy thing ... this was one of those times. All in all, Madrid was nice but I have no burning desire to go back to the city. 


A FEW SNAPS
NOT RIGHT NOW...THEY ARE MISSING!
THEY'VE BEEN PHOTO BOMBED! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Maldives

LISBOA JAN/FEB 2020

FLORENCE 2014