NEW YORK CITY 2008and2014

Image result for quotes about NYC

I have only been to NYC twice...very expensive city to visit! But oh how I love the place. The first visit was in the fall of 2008 right before the election, and one of the few trips I made with a friend. She had been to the City many times, so I let her plan everything. If I remember correctly we stayed in a nice, but probably expensive hotel near China town. It was adequate for our needs and I don't remember the name. The room was comfortable for two people and had a great hot breakfast buffet.  Things done on this tour: 

*MOMA (she didn't want to do the Met or Natural History Museum)
*Ferry ride around the Lady
*Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge
* And all major city streets for a look
That trip was exhausting! But well enjoyed for my first trip to NYC
*Hudson River train ride to Hyde Park...my idea. 
*A diner visit. I don't remember the name but it was off a major street. All the wait staff were men at least 60+. Best grilled cheese ever
*Eating and well known cupcake and hot fries stalls
*Walking into Manolo Blahnik and not having them kick me out
*Wandering streets that looked like Carrie Bradshaw's stree
NYC Revisit 2014
This time I travelled to the City for work. I was attending the prestigious Columbia Teachers College Writing Institute. But a great friend that I met in Cairo was traveling home to spend the summer in NJ, so we made plans to spend a few days together. He even volunteered to pick me up at the airport and take me to my hotel. NOW that's a great friend. 
I stayed at the Hotel Belleclairhttps://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60763-d93390-r219350774-Hotel_Belleclaire-New_York_City_New_York.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT
Perfect location...if you like walking...walk! But the subway stations are very close by. The best thing about the hotel for me, was the proximity to the Central Park. I walked their almost every day, and accidentally went to Riverside Park as well. 
The first morning that I needed to be at the workshop, I decided to walk. It was straight up Broadway to 121st (or so) street. The desk clerk looked at me funny. She said it was about 40 min by foot. I said, no worries, I like to walk. NOT AGAIN! The humidity was atrocious and I was drenched by the time I arrived to the college. Over the next week,  I would take the subway, partway and walk the rest. I like the liveliness of the streets and stopping for a coffee or roll. 
Every day was filled with the need to sit in a workshop, but the squirmies started around 2:00ish as I knew I wanted to leave and explore more of the city. One day I was "sick" and missed a whole day of training...OOOPS! I LOVE LOVE LOVE NCY!!! It would be a dream to live there, even for a short period. Even after seeing many of the worlds GREAT cities, NYC is the best...for me. 

Highlights:

*Central Park...I went several times but loved the weekend best with all the music and dancing
*Museum of Natural History...plan wisely, I only had a few hours
*Eating and Drinking in the Village with friends
*Just Walking and seeing everything
*Times Square...yes, I know it's cheesy
*Looking up and seeing the oh so tall building
*Cheap eats
*Just wandering up and down great little side streets and wishing I could live there. 















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Maldives

LISBOA JAN/FEB 2020

FLORENCE 2014