KENYA 2015

Image result for quote for kenya



PROBABLY THE SINGLE MOST BEAUTIFUL TRIP I HAVE EVER BEEN ON. THIS SAFARI WAS A DREAM COME TRUE...YAH, I KNOW, THIS IS ALL ON CAPS. I CRIED MORE ON THIS TRIP THAN ANY OTHER TRIP. 

I cried when I saw lions. I cried when I saw giraffes, I cried when I gave our driver his tip. I cried when the plane took off over the Masai Mara..etc. etc. 

This trip came during my last year in Cairo and I knew that I had to go before leaving Africa. I was fully prepared to go alone but was so very glad that my friend Carol decided to join me on this adventure. We had a smooth and easy flight before landing in Nairobi and being greeted by our tour operator John. 

We spent our first day in Nairobi by exploring the city with another tour guide. John did NOT recommend that we go out our own. We saw a few sites and then settled into the hotel with a quick swim and dinner. 

The morning came and off to our adventure to Masai Mara. This meant a ride on one of those rubber band planes. That's what I call a 6 seater plane. NOT MY FAVORITE THING IN THE WORLD! 

We were then greeted by Julius, our guide for the next few days. Exciting jeep ride through the grasslands to our our camp: Little Governors Camp. Vast, flat plains and then suddenly a rather lush, forest. We had to take a short ride across a raging river.  Well, not really. 

After settling into our luxury tent (larger than my Cairo apartment) we had a quick lunch and then off our the first trek with Julius and another traveler from Canada. 

I'm just going to drop some pictures here and let the photos speak for themselves. 



























































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Maldives

LISBOA JAN/FEB 2020

FLORENCE 2014