Haines, AK March 2015

For Spring Break this year I decided to take the LONG journey from Beijing, China to Haines, Alaska! That journey involved planes, boats and auto...including a plane that I was afraid to sneeze in as I was worried that a sneeze would take the itty bitty plane down. The reason for this crazed journey was to see a good friend that I met in Cairo and who relocated to AK to teach in a small town. I had never been to AK so why the hell not! I was even able to see a small bit of Seattle due to a very long layover. 

The trip included a ferry ride from Juneau to Haines...BREATHTAKING and a bit cold. Desert Girls don't like humidity or cold. 

The town of Haines is small and charming with some great views and great food. I didn't not see the oft mentioned bears...by my friend Jason, but I did see dozens of bald eagles and got a pretty good video of one landing in it's nest. It was nice to just be a friend visiting another friend and not necessarily a tourist and actually, this was the place that I decided to launch my humble blog. 


SNAPS TO ENJOY!!!  BRRRRRR!!!!


































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Maldives

LISBOA JAN/FEB 2020

FLORENCE 2014