LONDON, SPRING 2011




London was always at the top of my list of places to see and I thought I would never get there. I've had a fascination with the Plantagenets and Tudors for many years and always wanted to see many of the sites associated with these royal houses. I decided to go in off season during my spring break so I knew it would be cold but it would also be cheaper. British Airways flies out of Phoenix so it was great having a straight flight from Phoenix to London. I knew choosing a place to stay would be difficult. My brother suggested a place outside of the city but was close to the train station. It was booked so I went with the Sarah Hotel. Umm....well, it was in my budget and that's what it was BUDGET! But it's a place to store luggage and sleep. Here's the review on https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186338-d263702-Reviews-Sara_Hotel-London_England.html

There wasn't a lot to do around the hotel area but the metro was a short walk a way which meant getting to the sites of the city was easy. I did most of the great touristy things in the city and absolutely LOVED all of it.


Highlights:
*The gardens, especially St. James
*Buckingham Palace and I was right up close to see the changing of the guard
*The Great Cathedral Westminster and seeing the tomb of Elizabeth I and Mary Queen of Scots
*Tower of London
*Boat trip along the Thames
*Day trip to Hampton Court
*Day trip through the Cotswalds and to Warwick Castle
*Walking along the Thames
*British Museum
*Stratford




































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Maldives

LISBOA JAN/FEB 2020

FLORENCE 2014