Xi’an China 2018



In May, I had a lovely four-day holiday and decided to meet a dear friend, who was coming from the Hong Kong area, in Xi’an to visit the terra-cotta army. Fortunately it was a short trip via air away from Beijing to Xi’an. I decided to stay at the Mercure Hotel. What I didn’t know was that my hotel was in a complex that included three separate hotels. The driver took me to what I thought was my hotel but what ended up being a luxury hotel. Not my hotel! Fortunately it was just a short walk to my rather lower scale hotel. Actually for the price, the Mercure  was a lovely place to stay for three days. Xi’an is a lovely city. Clean, and easy to navigate. Of course, the main reason to visit Xi’an is to see the terra-cotta warriors. Which is quite an amazing thing to see. I will let the pictures below speak for themselves. My friend and I decided to hire a guide which was a smart idea rather than a schlep out via bus. The only negative to the trip, was as it was a holiday in China meant that the site was very very very crowded. I couldn’t spend as much time looking at the army as I wanted. Too many people. This army is fascinating and certainly one of the world’s great treasures.























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Maldives

LISBOA JAN/FEB 2020

FLORENCE 2014